- 1\. If you could change one event in your childhood, what would it be?
- I'd have stopped being so self-concious in the library. I was afraid to talk to a couple of the librarians because I'd said something in a silly way once. It was such a silly event, but I remember it so deeply.
- 2\. You're having a dinner party, and can invite any number of people — living or dead. Who would be your top ten invitees?
- Albert Einstein, Isaac Asimov, Mary Pipher, Leslie Feinberg, John Holt, Grace Llewellyn, Vernor Vinge, and Diane Duane. Notice that they're all highly socially aware people who are good with the written word.
- 3\. What led you decide upon Ari(a) as your name?
Aredridel was the origin. My first online moniker was terribly unncomfortable for a fair number of reasons, so I picked Aredridel as a way to escape some assumptions about my gender, and it’s something that’s stayed with me as I’ve grown. It’s impossible to say aloud, though, so Ari is the natural shortening of that.
Aria is, I think, quite possibly the final change. I like its meaning, and I like its sound.
- 4\. What music brings you to somewhere in your past?
- Nearly all of my favorites. Dar Williams _When I Was A Boy_ reminds me of the past five years. The Shrek soundtrack reminds me of working at Wondermill, and some late nights crying then. There's more and more and more, but those are two highlights.
- 5\. What is your favorite article of clothing?
- My green floral shirt. It's just the right mix of ugly and beautiful and fits me right. I'm starting to like more and more of my wardrobe, though.